DISASTER RESPONSE AT SCC (COVID-19)
Dear Secure Check Cashing (SCC) Customer,
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, all of us here at SCC are concerned about the safety and well-being of our families, colleagues, customers, partners, and the many friends who make up SCC’s vibrant global family.
Our hearts and prayers are with those who have been affected personally by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as the many communities around the world that are facing extreme measures in the attempt to slow its spread. For over 20 years, we have been honored by the trust you place in us to run your mission-critical MSB business. In today’s challenging environment, we want to provide you more information as to how we are securing our business and, in turn, yours.
SCC's Assurance for Customers
SCC has developed and documented Business Continuity Plans to respond to disruptive incidents, such as COVID-19, while safeguarding the health of our employees and minimizing the impact on the delivery of services to you.
SCC has put the following measures in place for all business operations:
- Business Hours: SCC will maintain normal business hours of operations (9 AM to 8 PM EST Mon-Fri, 10 AM to 4 PM EST Sat). Due to the execution of our Business Continuity plan, all sales, billing, and support personnel have full access to all resources required to perform their duties. In the event of an after-hours emergency, please utilize our support chat feature on the bottom right of the site.
- Working Remotely: For the majority of employees, work can be conducted through remote connections, which enables employees to work off-site for most tasks. Employees are working separately and remotely where possible to mitigate the risk of an entire team becoming infected. Employees who must be on-site are applying social distancing and hygiene protocols based on guidance from health authorities.
- Safety On-Site: Where on-site work is required (for example, working in data center locations, hardware repair, shipping of hardware), staff who are on-site to accomplish specific tasks are spending only the minimum time required in locations.
- Disinfection Protocols: Our offices have been thoroughly disinfected. In addition, all of our employees have been trained on proper hygiene protocols according to the recommendation of CDC. Also, all employees have taken proper precautions to disinfect their entire work area upon first arrival. All common areas are also being disinfected throughout the day. For co-location data centers, we are working with providers to ensure they apply the same standards and rigor to make sure all data center sites are as sterile as possible.
- Access: Data center access is restricted to operational personnel only and following strict hygiene protocols.
- Our Suppliers: SCC operations are supported by a number of strategic suppliers and we are in contact with all of them continually to ensure they apply comparable mitigation practices with their teams, while still maintaining service levels. For those who supply operational resources, we are focusing on scheduling and in-office practices to reduce the impact of any potential event.
For SCC maintenance and support functions, we have business continuity plans in place that are activated on demand. All internal systems, tools, monitors, etc. are designed to allow for remote work. We have already activated these measures worldwide with no disruption in service. Likewise, SAP consulting services are working from SAP offices or remote locations, pending local guidelines and in consultation with our customers.
Company Guidance to Employees
Notable actions include but are not limited to:
- Asking all employees to work remotely as much as possible, and wherever possible.
- Restricting virtually all employee travel. Exceptions will be determined by SCC management for data center operations.
We realize these are uncertain times as the world navigates this pandemic. SCC is fully committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and customers. This is our top priority in order to maintain the business continuity needed to provide the support and service our more than 3,500+ customers rely on from SCC.
As this situation evolves, your SCC account team will proactively reach out if there is additional support we can provide. In the meantime, if you have any further questions about SCC’s response to COVID-19, please contact us directly.
Director of Operations
Secure Check Cashing, Inc.
Please let us know how we can help and we will be in contact with you quickly!